There are so many great and mindful people in the world that help us connect with our higher self. This is a great way to stay positive and learn new information. Here they are in no particular order.
This is only a few and I would love to hear from you on who inspires & educates you.
Peace and love.
“You are loved just for being who you are, just for existing…..” -Ram Dass
I should warn you…… there has always been and will always be a rule in my home. If I make you dinner and you do not like it you
more than welcome to make your own dinner. This rule goes for my four year old as well. I am a busy woman and more importantly I think its just plain rude. I don’t make every one their own meals based on their likes. I make one meal for everyone, including my 15 month old (his is modified). But my point is if you are that person, no judgement, but this might not help you. You might want to think about starting this however. 🙂
Before we go into how to meal plan lets talk about why its important.
- It will help you stay on track for the week.
- It saves money, cause you won’t eat out.
- Meal prepping prevents you from wasting food.
How to meal plan/prep…
- Plan what you are going to make for each day of the week. This can be a LOT, so what I do is ask my son to pick one meal and my husband to pick two. This way I hear none of the “I don’t want to eat this” BS during the week.
- I grocery shop based on my menu for the week. This is important. The main reason I do this is to force myself to meal prep, but also to help my wallet.
- Make a few different types. I like to mix it up. I make chicken pot pie, then fajitas, a crock pot meal, and so on. This way its not the same thing every night.
- Give yourself some room to breath. I meal prep for 5 nights. We eat out 1 night and have leftovers another night.
- I put everything together that I can, and the night of I finish it so its still hot and fresh.
Below are a few of my favorite meals and my links to them. I hope this helps.
Menu for week:
Monday: Easy Baked Lemon Chicken
Recipe here Pair this with brown rice and favorite veggie.
Tuesday: Slow cooker chicken parm
Get in my belly! I like to add bell peppers in mine for color.
Wednesday: Easy Oven Fajitas!
My go to meal! I love this meal! You can also use steak instead of chicken.
Thursday: One pan balsamic and veggies
Yummy! If you have a big family like mine you need to double the recipe.
Friday: Chicken pesto with cheese!
So good I like the thick cheese instead of the shredded cheese. Just add a veggie or bread and you are good to go.
Saturday: Left overs
Sunday: Eat out
In a previous post I explained how the law of attraction works. So if you get what you think good or bad how do you stay positive to attract positive things? Well the truth is no one is positive all the time, but its important to try to see the up side to most situations. This is a list of things that really help me remain positive and change my mindset when I’m upset.
- Try your best not to get involved in the story or “what happened to you”. When you are trying to look at the positive side you don’t want to dig to what is making you upset. If you are me you’ll just get more upset.
- Listening to music. So many emotions come out with the right song. I like to start my day off with some of my favorite YouTube clips from some of my favorite teachers, which I will create a post about.
- Say morning affirmations. This can be done anytime of the day. I like mine short and to the point.
- Meditation. If you need a re-set meditation is a great way to do this. You can search a guided meditation on YouTube for free. Most of them are at leat 30 minutes, but there are some that are minutes. I like these for my lunch break.
- Be with loved ones. There are days being with my children and husband helps me get out of a funk. Then there are days that I want to hide from them. If I’m really having an off day I try all of the above.
- Don’t judge yourself. I believe we are here to learn lessons, so don’t be so hard on yourself if you aren’t acting the way you feel you should be.
I sure hope this helps you, have a wonderful day.
Its to tell someone to trust themselves, its harder to follow that advice. Everyday we are faced with decisions to make, and these decisions differ on various levels. Do I buy this bunch of bananas or that, do I leave my job for a different one. Most people don’t think about the choices they make that won’t have an large impact on their life. Its safe to assume that most people do think about the bigger choices we all have to make at one point in time. So how do you trust yourself? How do you know you are making the “right” decision? I have a few tips that might help.
- Listen to your body. If the idea if this choice gives you an upset stomach then that might not be the right choice for you. Your body is an amazing machine. If you eat or drink something your body thinks is poison what happens, you vomit. Who’s to say your soul doesn’t work the say way.
- Writing it out. I just heard this idea and I LOVE it! Write out the worse case scenario that can happen and the best case. If you can live with the worse case then trust your heart and go for it!
- My favorite, meditate on it. I personally like to ask for guidance from my guides and angles whenever possible. I go through a guided or regular meditation and ask for help with whatever situation I am in. There are great free meditations on YouTube to help you.
I hope this helps. Trust your heart and you can’t go wrong. XOXO
I love food. I love to eat and I do eat a lot. About 2 years I did a lot of research on GMO’s (genetically modified organisms) and I being an extreme person took it a little too far. I believe what you think you get. So if I think all food is not healthy to eat, than that’s what I get. So I had to change my views on food. I believe that with all things you need to have a balance. Such as have ice cream, but maybe Burger King isn’t a great idea 4 days a week. Haha. So here is a list I made of some treats to make at home I found from Pinterest.
Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Banana Bites (These are super easy to make)
- 3 large bananas
- ⅓ cup nut butter of choice
- ½ cup melted chocolate of choice
- Slice bananas into slices about ¼-1/2 inch thick.
- Spread a little nut butter onto a slice and sandwich two slices together.
- Place on wax paper on a cookie sheet and freeze until solid, at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate in adouble boilerand remove frozen banana bites from freezer.
- Dip each banana bite in chocolate and place back on wax paper. Freeze for another hour.
A healthy slice of life
Protein Pumpkin Bars!!!!
I love the calorie break down at the bottom.
- ½ C Xylitol Sugar (or Stevia) **Could substitue raw honey (use about 1/4th of a cup)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground clove
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 – 15 oz. can of RAW pumpkin (**make sure to use 100% pumpkin puree NOT pie filling)
- 2 Cups of Oat Flour (or spelt flour)
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ C chopped walnuts (optional)
*Greek Yogurt Topping (Optional)
-3 TB of Plain Greek Yogurt (I prefer Chobani or Fage brand)
-1 TB of cinammon
-1 TB of Honey or Stevia
-1 TB of pumpkin puree
**optional – 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I LOVE adding the protein powder because not only does it add more protein BUT it thickens up the topping so it like icing!)
Preheat the oven to 350.
Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated.
Spread half the batter into the Pyrex dish.
Take 2 TB of cinnamon and 1/4 a cup of xylitol, mix together and sprinkle over the batter (to create middle cinnamon layer)
Pour remaining batter on top, bake for 30 minutes.
Makes 24 squares.
Let the bars cool and mix your greek yogurt topping, Spread a spoonful of the Greek Yogurt topping and savor the yumminess!
NOTE: You will need to store these in the REFRIGERATOR, they have no preservatives, so they will go bad quickly, if you keep them out.
Nutrition (without walnuts + greek yogurt): 1 square = 55 calories
Nutrition (with walnuts + greek yogurt): 1 square = 70 calories
Healthy No-Bake Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
- Note: You can use regular peanut butter – but of course, that will make your cookies reduced sugar rather than sugar free.
- Combine first three ingredients in a sauce pan and warm gently on stove top. If you’re using raw honey, you’ll want to be careful to warm it only until the coconut oil melts and the peanut butter softens. No reason to heat the life out of your honey!
- Next, add in the vanilla, oatmeal, and cocoa, and stir well.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a saran lined plate and let cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator – if they last that long.
frugal farm wife
I love all these! Try them out let me know what you think. Visit these lovely ladies websites as well, they have some great things on there.
With Love XOXO
The Law of attraction, or LOA is best described by the saying, “you get what you think about…” (Abraham-Hicks) This can be very discouraging in the beginning. I thought “so the current situation I am in I made happen…..” and the answer is YES! You did, of course not intentionally, but you did. Before I lose you hear me out.
I lost my job, did I want it to happen, well yes and no. No I didn’t want to get fired, but I really hated that job. Hahaha. So in a way yes I wanted to lose my job. Now this is a fun example but lets say its not fun, lets say you just got into a car accident. Am I saying you WANTED that to happen. No, but like it or not you made it happen. Some people are so worried they will be hit by another person, or better yet people “just know” they will be hit by another car. You are putting that in your world and asking it to happen.
So what is the solution to this. Don’t think about it. Im so serious. Every time I get in my car I say out loud “I intend on safety in this segment of life experience”, and the KEY is I Expect it. I see another car coming at me, they don’t hit and wont. Now, if I am not as intentional in my intention and I get caught up in another person’s manifestation of a car accident then its another learning opportunity.
Its all about how you look at things and how you allow those things to effect you.
You can look at a field of dandelions and see 100 weeds or 100 wishes…….